Committed to Equality in the Workplace. Disputes should be about the Issues, not the People.
Judges Bill Meyer, Sandy Brook, and Susan Macey, along with Michele Ziegler, JAG scheduling agent, recently attended this 15th Annual Out & Equal Summit held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Summit and its over 2,500 attendees is the premier international showcase for LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) issues in the workplace.
JAG was a sponsoring exhibitor and is excited to be an ALLY and a RESOURCE to the many individuals, diversity managers, and employee resource groups (ERG) leaders in attendance. Between the over 140 sessions of top-rate workshops with experts on a variety of LGBT workplace issues, we heard from outstanding leaders and advocates for workplace equality during the plenary sessions and Power Lunches sponsored by Fortune 100 companies and corporate leaders in their commitment to equality in the workplace.
Some of this years’ presenters included a number of dynamic national speakers, including:
- Kathy Najimy - Actress, Performer, Activist
- Tabatha Coffey - Television personality
- Janet Mock - Writer, Activist, Founder of GirlsLikeUs Project
- Robert Hanson - CEO of American Eagle Outfitters
- Steve Grand - Songwriter, Recording Artist, YouTube hit All American Boy
- Thelma Houston - R&B Artist
- Robbie Kaplan Edie Windsor's Attorney
- Elaine Kaplan - Acting Director of the Office of Personnel Management
- Selisse Berry - Out & Equal Founder and CEO
And saving the best for last, one of our own, Bill Meyer was a presenter on ADR as an Alternative to Litigation, “Moving from the Courtroom to the Conference Room”, with California Assistant Attorney General Beth Edwards and Lori Fox, former HR Director for McDonald’s Corp., and now private consultant.